Parade Participant Details
Check-in, Staging & Route Details
- Main Street Closes at 7am, between Virginia and 143rd (see Road Closure map). No vehicles, including tractors or parade cars will be let through. Please take detour or come up north on 203 from roundabout.
- Parking available on side streets.
- If you have a vehicle registered in the parade you must enter from the south on Highway 203 (south of grande parade lineup). THIS IS THE ONLY PARADE ENTRANCE, YOU CANNOT ENTER FROM ANY OTHER WAY
- Check-in starts at 9:00 AM in the lot on Main Street next to the former Union Bank building, now Redemption Church, across from Valley Street.
- You will be provided a lineup number.
- Numbered cones will mark parade entrant spots along 203.
- Kiddie Parade Participants, make sure you have WAIVERS filled out
- If you plan to be in on the kiddie parade, please email the waiver for the Kiddie Parade or be sure you bring a waiver to Parade Registration on Saturday morning!
- All Kiddie Parade participants should be assembled in parking lot in front of Thai Duvall on Valley Street by 10am - please stay in parking lot and do not block Valley Street.
- Registration is the same place as Grand Parade near Redemption Church, across from Valley Street
- Kiddie pick-up is in parking lot at 1st and Stella, across the street from Riverview School District building.
Lineup and Go Details
- Grand Parade Lineup is on 203 South of Valley Street
- Parade begins at 10:30 with Kiddie Parade first then Grand Parade immediately after
- Continue walking, dancing, moving after parade – right on Stewart St and right on 1st to Parade pickup area (if pickup needed – See Map). This allows the parade to keep moving with no holdups.
- Parade is expected to end at 11:30.
General Parade Etiquette
While preparing to walk or perform in the parade, keep the following in mind:
- Floats are encouraged, but might have size restrictions due to the width of the street. (See Parade Banner information)
- NO CANDY THROWING, you may only hand candy or favors to parade watchers.
- We encourage each parade entrant needs to appoint a "safety manager" to walk with the group and focus on keeping the crowd back and keep kids from running across the street.
- The order of parade participants is determined in advance. If you have special requests contact the parade leadership at least 48 hours in advance!
- Participants must keep moving – no stopping - except at stage, keep this in mind when designing any type of routine.
- Stop only at the stage for the judges for 30 seconds. Do NOT stop to perform anywhere else along the parade route.
- Parade entries will be judged this year by a panel of judges on the Main Stage (located at the corner of Main Street and Stella Street).
- If your parade entry has a routine to perform, you can stop for 30 seconds in front of the Main Stage and perform your routine for the judges.
- You must limit your routine to 30 seconds or less so the parade doesn't get backed up.
- Judges will be judging on appearance, theme, presentation at the stage/stand, professional, costume, music, and uniformity. Recognition will be given for categories such as: Favorite Float, Favorite Animal Entry, Most Creative Entry, Favorite Marching Band, Favorite Drill/Cheer/Dance, and Favorite Group Walking.
Parade banner and helpful street width information.
- The most narrow area along Main Street is the North side of Stella & Main & it’s 16’ wide.
- The median down Main Street is 7.5 feet wide. To be able to span the median a banner will have to be 10 or 12 feet long.
- If you have a banner that is less than 10' it will have to be on one side of the street or the other, once you hit the area of Main Street where the median resides.
- For reference, Duvall Rotary Club uses these size banners when marching = 12' long and 2' wide for the Kiddie and Grand Parade banners.
Registered Participants (as of 5/23)
Not Registered? Register HERE
Duvall Performing Arts
Holy Innocents Church Food Pantry
Duvall Montessori School
Doggies' Heaven & Cardiff's Cottage
Riverview School District Transportation Department
Cedarcrest Marching Band
American Legion Post 199
Councilmember Kathy Lambert
Northwest Art Center
Jr Redwolves Football and Cheer
Boy Scouts of America, North Lakes
Friends of Amy O
Cedarcrest Stealth Robotics
Jets Gymnastics Express
Cherry Valley Riders
Girl Scout Service Unit 441
Hoofs and Paws 4-H Club
Cedarcrest Select Basketball
Hoofs & Paws 4H Club
Girl Scout Service Unit 441
Cherry Valley Riders
45th District Republicans
Sky Valley Stock & Antique Tractor Club
Duvall Cooperative Preschool
Cedarcrest High Shool Cheer & Football
Cedarcrest Equestrian Team
City of Duvall -City Council
Friends of Jinyoung Englund
King County Transportation: Community Van
Snoqualmie Valley Music
insurance to: firstname.lastname@example.org